Enrolling your child in four-year-old kindergarten
Call Gayle McFarlane, (608) 842-6210
- Enrollment is ongoing during the school year
- January: parent information meetings at the public library
- Early February: ASQ-3 screening form sent to enrolled families
- Mid-February: Placement survey and bus application mailed to enrolled families
- Early March: Early Learning Fair at the Holum Center (for all 4K children and families)
- Early March: Registration at the Early Learning Fair (immunization records, copy of birth certificate and proof of residency required)
- Early June: placement notifications mailed to families
- Early August: Make-up registration & individual school photos at DeForest Area High School
- Late August: Sneak a Peek, visit your child’s 4K classroom
Open Enrollment for families who want to have their child attend DeForest 4K, apply at WI Dept. of Public Instruction.
Contact Peg Reis (842-6579) regarding Open Enrollment questions.